Struggling with moving to right View

Hi - Is there some way to instruct my app to use my slice-based ref views instead of the system generated ref views? This is specifically for when you click on the Edit button or Add button or other system-generated links (for instance “view” or “new”) within the app? I want the buttons and links to point to my slice views so I can control the columns that are shown, but they always go to the system ref views, which just show everything and results in a poor user experience.

Examples of what I mean by “system generated links:”

2X_5_55f02cdb818fa447b46d710e4703e5dd991ff4ac.png 2X_3_3eb78c9f736f6548063b6f6a8f99783df5522277.png 2X_5_5edfb9a4215abe1c00596dbc248b5a6bbfb1d55c.png

My understanding from reading all of the help material is that if you create your own view, it should override the system view. I think this happens when you are using the same underlying data, but that doesn’t seem to hold if you are using a slice to reference that data. My understanding is probably incorrect though.

It would be much easier if there was a way to assign a View (or even an Action) to these buttons directly. The current method is very opaque.

Any thoughts/ideas appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 2 319
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You’ll have a virtual column in your table with a REF_ROWS() expression. Make a new VC with the same expression, but put the slice name in place of the table name. Then you’ll see a second inline table (unless you hide the first one), and then the View and Add buttons will take you to a table or form view based on the slice instead of the main table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You’ll have a virtual column in your table with a REF_ROWS() expression. Make a new VC with the same expression, but put the slice name in place of the table name. Then you’ll see a second inline table (unless you hide the first one), and then the View and Add buttons will take you to a table or form view based on the slice instead of the main table.

Awesome, it worked, thanks!

Top Labels in this Space