Subtracting lists not working

I have the following formula for subtracting lists:

(Sheet1[Patient Name]-Target Table[Entry])

Following is the screenshot of Table Sheet1
3X_b_4_b4930b1ed9179e32338ea4d6e3602dee9e7523ac.png

Following is the screenshot of Table Target Table
3X_9_d_9d074e92f53df7ecb9b445776b28636bbdeec885.png

I am using the above mentioned formula in a Column Type Enum List. But it is giving me the wrong outputโ€ฆ The output it gives me is the following

Instead of subtracting, it is adding both the lists in the dropdown, items of Sheet1 are preselected.

I donโ€™t know why it is happending

Solved Solved
1 6 330
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Initial Value is not the appropriate place to put your expression then.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Judging by your last screenshot, Iโ€™m guessing you used the expression in Initial Value ? If that is the case, it is doing exactly what you told it to do. What do you want it to do?

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes I want it to show only those patient names from column โ€œpatient nameโ€ of table โ€œSheet1โ€ which are not present in column โ€œentryโ€ of table โ€œtarget tableโ€. So, in above example, my enum list should only show (that also unchecked) the following patient names:
Bill Thomas
Tom cather
Tom
Sue

Initial Value is not the appropriate place to put your expression then.

Thanks Marc, these helped a lot in clearing the problem. My basics were not clear.

I know this is an old thread. But today I'm not able to perform a list subtraction. I'm using the following formula:

[VISIBILIDADE NรVEL]-select(USUรRIOS MANUT[NรVEIS DE ACESSO],[EMAIL ACESSO]=USEREMAIL())

The result I get is equal to the [VISIBILIDADE NรVEL] Enum list, even if its values are in the SELECT result.

Is there something I am missing?

A "SPLIT" on the [VISIBILIDADE NรVEL] solved it!

Top Labels in this Space