Suggest values in column

May i know on how to use auto compute “Suggested Values” in column. What i wanted is to have a list of suggestion(A drop down to be exact) and if may liking wasn’t on the list i can input any data(text) i want.

Solved Solved
0 11 2,605
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please remember to show the list as a dropdown but then you are also able to add your own value.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

May I ask what formula are you using with the Suggested values?

Hi Aleksi,

Im using SELECT(TBNAME[FLDS],true,true).
Also tried LIST(val1,val2) to test but still its just a dropdown like the ENUM/ENUMLIST behavior.

Please remember to show the list as a dropdown but then you are also able to add your own value.

Hi Alexsi,

Please see snapshot below.

But im unable to edit or input any new values. The behavior is like Enum type

2X_0_0cd3dd9dd09fcc9452403e7e763141723fa596a6.png

If you open the dropdown, the very first line can be used to search or add. But the dropdown must be opened first.

Thank you so much Steve. A little bit confusing but Yes I didnt notice that how it works

Would it be possible that the suggested values are editable as well?
From what I understand, you either choose the available suggested values or add new values from scratch.

It would be nice if you can choose a preset that follows business rules in the suggested list and the user can just add more details or modify it as needed. Rather than typing everything again if nothing in the suggested list specifically fits the need of the user.

Oh, I wish!!! But as things are now, they are not.

Is there an existing Feature Request for this one?

A good example could help since you can have a suggested values list from any column from any table so I think there might be a workaround.

Here is the sample code on suggested values field.

Top Labels in this Space