Suggestions for GROUPED ACTIONS with copy row needed

1. As I understand, an action cannot be used in a form.

2. The action “Copy row and edit” cannot be paired with other actions in a group.

?: what I’m trying to do is copy a row record, and then have specific columns cleared to blank with one button, is this possible? Maybe if there was an option to copy without opening edit, or apply other actions to copy before the record is opened in form to edit (?)

Thanks everyone!

Solved Solved
1 8 1,645
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

[_THISROW]. shouldn’t be needed here. Try instead:

LINKTOFORM(“Production_Form”,
“Job Name”, [Job Name],
“Page+”, [Page+],
“Image ID”, [Image ID],
“Final File Name”, [Final File Name],
“Category”, [Category],
“Background Set”, [Background Set],
“Needs Prep?”, [Needs Prep?],
“Studio Notes”, “Reshoot Reason:”,
“RESHOOT?”, “true”,
“AD”, [AD])

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Participant V

You can open a form to a new row using the App: go to another view in this app action and using LINKTOFORM() to target a form view. The new row will use the default initial values for each column, and/or you can set specific columns to other values using arguments to LINKTOFORM().

Great suggestion @Steve - I’m missing something though… The LINKTOFORM action is all blank when should have some values based on this:

LINKTOFORM(“Production_Form”, [Date Shot], “”, [RESHOOT?], “true”, [Assistant], [_THISROW].[Assistant])

Says formula is valid but form is empty, no changes carried over. Thanks!

Try intead:

LINKTOFORM(“Production_Form”, "Date Shot", “”, "RESHOOT?", “true”, "Assistant", [_THISROW].[Assistant])

Note that I’ve replaced the square brackets around the column names with double quotes: you want to identify the columns by name, not reference them.

Thanks @Steve !
That helped get my static values to populate the new form!

Now my secondary issue is the columns looking for [_THISROW] values are not populating anything, ideas? So far the formula looks like this:

“Job Name”, [_THISROW].[Job Name],
“Page+”, [_THISROW].[Page+],
“Image ID”, [_THISROW].[Image ID],
“Final File Name”, [_THISROW].[Final File Name],
“Category”, [_THISROW].[Category],
“Background Set”, [_THISROW].[Background Set],
“Needs Prep?”, [_THISROW].[Needs Prep?],
“RESHOOT?”, “true”,
“AD”, [_THISROW].[AD])

[_THISROW]. shouldn’t be needed here. Try instead:

“Job Name”, [Job Name],
“Page+”, [Page+],
“Image ID”, [Image ID],
“Final File Name”, [Final File Name],
“Category”, [Category],
“Background Set”, [Background Set],
“Needs Prep?”, [Needs Prep?],
“RESHOOT?”, “true”,
“AD”, [AD])

Awesome, thanks for clarifying, great solve for accomplishing my goal, many thanks!!!

Dear Steve, I can see you really know your stuff. I came to this post from a different challenge ("Add Many" records in a one-many relationship) but is possibly related by the need to copy (multiple) rows and add to a table.

Any ideas?

Thanks

@MINCH_Household_Wate
You can achieve this with triggering AppSheet API thru a webhook workflow rule and it’s easy to accomplish actually regarding what data you want to record to the other table.

Top Labels in this Space