Sum employee hours worked - running total

In my Timecard App, I want to have a table view that will show total hours worked up to that point, for each individual employee.

So, if on Thursday morning I check to see the total hours up to that point for each employee, I will see a table of all the employees and their hours worked each day. The Group Aggregate for that view would show the total hours worked.

It would look like this:

I used the Total Hours expression from the article below and it yielded my Total Hours worked through today, which is what I want. How can I expand this to include all employees? Any sttrategies to make this work? Thank you, all.

0 4 1,307
4 REPLIES 4

If you calculate the duration with the TOTALHOURS() in another column, you could then use the aggregate with the sum employee by employee.

Aleksi, does this have to be a column in the actual spreadsheet or can it be a virtual column?

Also, here is the expression Iโ€™m using. It yields my total hours, but how can I modify this so that it captures each employee?:

TOTALHOURS(
SUM(
SELECT(
Timecards[Total Hours],
AND(
([Employee Email] = USEREMAIL()),
(DATE([Time In]) > (TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY()))),
(DATE([Time In]) <= (TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY())) + 7)
)
)
)
)

Thank you.

It can be either normal or virtual because the result is coming just from this one record. I would use normal.

TOTALHOURS(
SUM(
SELECT(
Timecards[Total Hours],
AND(
(DATE([Time In]) > (TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY()))),
(DATE([Time In]) <= (TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY())) + 7)
)
)
)
)

Ok, so I added a normal column to my spreadsheet and named it โ€œHours To Date.โ€ I entered the suggested expression to this columnโ€™s App Formula.

I then made a new timecard entry and the result of the expression in this new timecardโ€™s โ€œHours To Dateโ€ column, is the sum of all Total Hours for this week.

Which, I believe, makes sense since the expression makes no distinction between employees; the expression is simply selecting total hours within the date range and summing these up, right?

When I choose 'SUM: Hours To Date" from the โ€œGroup Aggregateโ€ view option, Iโ€™m seeing these inflated numbers and not individual hours to date.

I took a wrong turn somewhereโ€ฆ What am I missing?

Top Labels in this Space