Sum from other table

I have my app almost working and it is a simple quoting app, I am trying to total my projects from all sub totals in the estimate sheet. It says it is working but the sum value is always 0. Here is my Formula. I am fairly new so I am not sure if this is enough info to evaluate my formula. Thanks for any help.

SUM (Select(Estimates[Sub Total],Project=[_THISROW].[Project]))
Test
open_in_new
Note, this expression could significantly impact sync time.

SUM(
โ€ฆThe list of values of column โ€˜Sub Totalโ€™
โ€ฆfrom rows of table โ€˜Estimatesโ€™
โ€ฆwhere this condition is true: ((โ€œProjectโ€) is equal to (The value of โ€˜Projectโ€™ from the row referenced by โ€˜ProjKeyโ€™)))

Thanks,
Matt

Solved Solved
0 4 196
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Steve, I know it has been a few days but I forgot to post that I got it working and a Virtual Column is what I needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the AppSheet community.

There is a small syntax error in your expression. Could you test the following. The syntax error part is highlighted below.

SUM (Select(Estimates[Sub Total], [Project] =[_THISROW].[Project]))

Thanks for the reply and help Suvrutt_Gurjar, but I still get a 0 outcome on the sum from the referenced rows in the estimate table. When I sum just Estimates[Sub Total] it works fine but that is all the rows and I want to group only rows with the specific Project. All my other formulas seem to work but this one. I am studying now on what exactly a List is.

Thanks,
Matt

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your expression should be in the App formula setting of a virtual column in order that it be updated automatically. Is it a virtual column?

See also:

Thanks Steve, I know it has been a few days but I forgot to post that I got it working and a Virtual Column is what I needed.

Top Labels in this Space