summing numbers from different tables Hey th...

summing numbers from different tables

Hey there - hoping this community can help me out yet again!

I have numbers on several different tables that are updated on a regular basis. Iโ€™d like to add the last entered numbers on each table for an overall score. However, my challenge is that there are several entries for each client and I only want to add the last one. I can identify them with a MAX(date, select(client ID = โ€œIDโ€)) but then the column becomes a list column and I canโ€™t add the numbers together.

Illustration Table 1 has client details. On a referenced table 1A we have three indicators about each client, which we update regularly with a datetime stamp and i want to pull the last entry on this client from here Table 2 has order details. Here we again have a referenced table 2A with three indicators that I want to pull the last entry from concerning this order Table 3 has order item details. Here we have two indicators on referenced table 3A which I want to add to the latest entries from tables 1A and 2A for an overall score. Ideally this should be live so that if someone now makes a newer entry on tables 1A or 2A, the overall score on table 3A is also updated.

How do I pull the last entries without using a max(select()) structure?

Thank you so much in advance!

0 3 360
3 REPLIES 3

You should use MAXROW expression for identifying the last rowโ€™s key value. Then you can deref all your values you need to use.

yes! that solves it, thank you very much

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space