Sync removes child records

Hi, I am still trying to get to grips with things and have completely rewritten my app several times as I discover that my approach has been wrong. Thatโ€™s fine; I am here to learn. I apologize that I therefore come back with different questions each time I change my approach.

I now have a very basic app that has a Members Table and a History table. I do not think the table structures matter to this question hence I have not supplied them.

I have an action associated with the Save event of the Members_Form so that when I save, a history record is created. All looks good. I have my new Member and that Member has a Related Historys record. Then I syncโ€ฆ and the History row disappears. Even if I turn off delayed sync. The sync icon shows the correct number of rows to by syncโ€™d so I am at a loss as to why this should be happening.

My only guess is that there must be some error when writing to the Google Sheet but that looks fine to me.

0 3 120
3 REPLIES 3

Whatโ€™s your Form Saved Action expression, how is your History table schema and column structure? Please fill us in, so that we can help.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Make sure every history record is given its own unique key column value.

Stupid mistake and just as Steve suggested, I was missing the Key field when updating the History table. I had not expected that to be an issue as the row was good before I syncโ€™d.

Thanks you yet again!

Top Labels in this Space