Sync settings - what does everyone do as a best practice for public apps?

We are looking to post an app for public use. Simple form to add restaurant info and a list view and map view.

What is the best setting for sync?

0 8 253
8 REPLIES 8

you can expand that image ^^^

Bahbus

Generally, if possible, I only sync in the background. In my specific example, where I have a public-ish app (more of a kiosk inside the store), I use background syncing on a menu as you browse and add items to your cart. And then I use a forced sync upon order confirmation, since theoretically that customer is done and is probably already walking away. Lastly, there is a webhook to send all that info to Discord asynchronously so the customer doesnโ€™t have to talk if they donโ€™t want.

I agreeโ€ฆ I could go back and forth with the โ€œsync on startโ€ I think since itโ€™s emergency related you might want to ensure people have the most up to date infoโ€ฆ Also, since they donโ€™t โ€œpushโ€ many records syncing after they save a record would be goodโ€ฆ the โ€œeducationโ€ around the red โ€œwaiting to syncโ€ items for a public app might be a little much.

In general I would be VERY careful with delta sync and my general advice is to leave it off until you understand what itโ€™s doing.

but you had delta sync turned on in the pic above. should I leave it off?

I would turn it off until you can guarantee that you wonโ€™t manipulate your backend.

Basically, only turn it on when your app is โ€œdoneโ€.

Top Labels in this Space