[Sync to compute] error when trying data input

QG_app
Participant I

Hi! Has anyone else encountered a [sync to compute] message when trying to input data into their app? The app calls for a manual sync but the data is not saved.

0 5 1,032
5 REPLIES 5

It sounds you are using sheet formula(s) with your app and you need to sync the app before those calculations are done.

Thank you for the reply. This has worked well so far, all of the sudden this message came up and data changes are not captured in the app, nor in the underlying spreadsheet (weirdly the โ€œtime modifiedโ€ of the spreadsheet on my GoogleDrive does change). Weirdly this particular message (sync to compute) is gone for now, but data input still not working

If you need, I could check your app what the problem might be. I would need to know your account ID, app and table/column name that has this problem.

Thank you, Aleksi. We managed to fix the issue that was caused by actually AppSheet having made some changes that we were unaware of and found out by looking at the warnings (namely it has set some items to ReadOnly on one of the views)โ€ฆ All good now, thanks.

Excellent!

Top Labels in this Space