Synchronization problems and possible improvements

Dear AppSheet community,

I understand that having many different Google sheets with large amounts of data must inevitably slow the app, but lately the setup synchronization needed to login has been taking way too long (ranging from 2-6 minutes on average) and also encountering frequent errors, which you surely understand are very inconvenient for the end users. Here is what I am hoping you can help me with:

1. What steps can I take to make the app load faster?

2. And what might be causing the following problem:
    a) โ€œUnable to fetch app definition. Error: Request cancelled: took too long to process: Computing a formula/n.โ€ โ€“ Is there a way to locate the formula that has been blocking the synchronization?

b) โ€œUnable to fetch app definition. Error: Request cancelled: took too long to process: Executing function batch: SELECT 4040 of 8169/nโ€ โ€“ This might have the same cause as the problem above, but I am including it as it may help you identify the problem.

The app id - OptiSmCareNT-530998-557628

Thank you so much for your effort, the app has been gradually becoming less usable for the past weeks and I would love to make it better again. Of course the aforementioned problems might have been a consequence of our changes in the app editor, but unfortunately I am not able to identify the root cause of them. If there is anything you need from me that could help you, let me know.

Kryลกtof

0 1 160
1 REPLY 1

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Avoid virtual columns.

Virtual columns.

See also:

Top Labels in this Space