Syncing issues with Office 365

UPDATE Dec 14: Please let us know if you have seen improvement and you’re now able to open your apps.

UPDATE: Per Microsoft twitter feed: “We corrected an issue with a third-party networking provider and have validated through monitoring that service has been restored.” You can verify that this is working for you by signing in with your Microsoft account. If you continue to encounter issues, please post to this thread.

AppSheet users with data hosted in Office 365 may currently be experiencing issues syncing their application data. It appears that the source of the issues may be with the Office 365 API. O365 admin users can check the outage status in their Microsoft Portal Admin page - instructions are included below:

1. Go to OneDrive or SharePoint and click on the menu button on the top left to open the menu
  2. Click on “Admin” in the menu to go to the admin portal (note: only admin users can do this)
  3. In the admin page, open the Service Health page to view all incidents
  4. Click on the incident for more details

We will give future updates in this thread.

0 70 3,501
70 REPLIES 70

Non-admin users might want to check Microsoft Status twitter feed for updates. The tweets might not be up-to-date, but Microsoft is now aware of the situation.
https://twitter.com/msft365status?lang=en

This issue has not yet been resolved on the Microsoft side. We will continue to post additional information in this thread.

Adding this to the thread for reference if you continue to encounter issues:

If you are experiencing syncing issues (failed syncs, but also degraded performance), we are recommending that you refrain from using the apps. There is a risk that retries will result in conflicts or duplicates in the data.

If you continue using the app, or if you have already made a number of changes since the outage started, it’s a good idea to go through the spreadsheet to check for missing or duplicate rows. You can also verify their data against the app’s audit log.

According to Microsoft the issue has been resolved.

However, I’m still unable to sync my app.

@Kyle_Richardson we are looking into this now.

Me, too

What is the error message you are getting now?

Error

The QualityGate-622224 app did not load successfully. Please contact the app creator.

Unable to fetch app definition. Error:Error: Data table ‘QualityGate_Records’ is not accessible due to: Timed out waiting for a resource. The reason is usually a very large/slow loading table or a cross-table cycle in AppSheet formulas…/n

I am having these same issues. This began this morning and has not cleared up. Denver, CO.

Microsoft has stated that they have corrected the issue on their end. We’re currently investigating the issue to provide better information as soon as we possibly can.

For those experiencing errors, is it a different error message than what you were receiving before or still the same?

Times out when syncing

Thank you for that information. I’ll post more information when it becomes available.

Microsoft says fixed, but apps still not working?

jujogar10
Participant IV

Same problem here

Thank you for reporting the exact messages. We are still looking into it.

It seems that the Microsoft servers are taking some time to recover after their outage. We’re monitoring the situation.
Thank you

any new, I am still down

Us also

ranorga
Participant V

We still down

I’m sorry to hear that some of you are still down. We’ve been monitoring activity and from what we can gather, Microsoft’s servers are still recovering.

As soon as we have any additional details we will post in this thread.

Microsoft is not reporting any issue, but we continue to see that their servers are slow or unavailable for some of you.

Unfortunately.
Nothing works

All my office 365 based apps are stopped.

GreenFlux
Participant V

Same here
2X_d_d871929c56bcf4a44d76a2971c722194a66f0514.png

We are still down!!!

jujogar10
Participant IV

We are still down!!

Adam_Grunys
Participant III

Same, here

I’m sorry that your apps are still not working.
While you are seeing different error messages (Microsoft cloud service unavailable, connection time outs, etc), all these issues come from the unavailability of Microsoft cloud services as far as we can tell.

Do you have a timeline from microsoft? I have changed some small apps to dropbox and it works, but there are some heavier apps that could have some trouble if migrated to dropbox, but if there is no light on resolving the issue, we have to make it.

I can create new apps to the same 365 sheet but current ones will not load…

@praveen, this sounds like the API connection is restored (as MS has claimed) but in existing apps, references to the sheet have been lost.

Here is my last error:

What we have observed is that the reference is still valid. You can check that yourself:

1. you open the definition in the Data -> Tables view, click on the table that’s causing problem,
  2. click on ‘View Source’: it opens your Excel spreadsheet (we’ve seen that this works)
  3. click on ‘View Data’: AppSheet tries to fetch the data, but it times out.
    Both steps 2 and 3 consider the same identifier of the spreadsheet.
    If one of you is unable to go through Step 2, please let us know.

MaxV1
Participant II

Issue is still active

Tiger1
Participant V

Mine are not working as well. What is the solution? Do i have to go and delete the table and Re-Add it?

Still down here!

jujogar10
Participant IV

@Arthur_Rallu It seems now that the issue could be on the appsheet side, since new apps work, but existing apps does not. any news.