Tab Font Size in Mobile View (Intended Increase?)

The font size on the tabs in a dashboard view (mobile only) have jumped about 8 points in size today. There is no change in font size in desktop view. It looks awkwardly big and I was wondering if this was a planned change across the whole platform or just a weird anomaly on my app.

1 22 859
22 REPLIES 22

I have a tabbed view as well but do not see the issue you are. It looks like yours is in the Main view. My view is reached by Editing so that could be the difference between us.

2X_c_cc8b149b19cb871276c9798a8ac6bc92bc12bd96.png

Yes. This is from a dashboard build, setting โ€œuse tabs in mobile viewโ€. Just jumped to a much larger size overnight.

AppSheet is rolling out UX changes (youโ€™ve probably noticed the side Menu has changed). You might switch this to a bug or send a message to support@appsheet.com to get this in front of them as they roll out updates.

Hi @Scott_Hall The views names have been CAPITALISED as well which makes them even larger. Hopefully it is just a temporary glitch. Also i just noticed the selected view does not hight light, and the first view remains highlighted.

@Lynn @WillowMobileSystems Thank you. This was moved to bugs/ issues. I hope this isnโ€™t intended. Looks bad.

I just re-read your message on how you got the tabs and realized I have a Dashboard view I can try that in and sure enough when I turn on the tabs property I get the same large capitalized font in the tabs

2X_0_04be42e6d70ee2185f148ffe6e6c2c8ec1b9e096.png

Iโ€™m certain this is NOT Intended!

I see the font size and highlighted tabs have been fixed. Thanks.

Unfortunately no change on my app. Still wrong.

I had to refresh my browser and reload the app if thatโ€™s any use to you ?

No, tried that. Refreshed. Then logged out and back in. Donโ€™t think uninstalling/ reinstalling the app would help.

Are you Apple or Android? @Lynn

Android and laptop

Sorry i just checked on my phone again and it is same as it was before with the big font and incorrect highlights so I dont know whatโ€™s going on ??

I received an email from support on Friday last week saying a fix would be out on Monday. Itโ€™ll come eventually I guess.

We did roll out the fix on Monday and your local App definition should have been updated as a result.
You can force a refresh of the Mobile app definition now by uninstalling and reinstalling, but it is a bit brute force. Though it will guarantee you are running the latest version of the app though.

Thierry

@TDhers So here is a screen shot from my android phone. I did uninstall and reinstall appsheet. If this is the intended result then great. Not my favorite but Iโ€™ll get used to it. If notโ€ฆ Let me know. Thanks.

HI @Scott_Hall I had to do the same and reinstall and it is now as you have shown .

TDhers

Thank you Scott and Lynn,
It seems that the font size is back to normal, but you are probably reacting to the capitalization of the view name which is due to the new library we are using for the new redesign view and forms. So it is indeed intentional design.
It is the consistent most common design for TILE style views on mobile devices.
Thierry

Please, it is not possible to reducce de font size while maintaining the capitalization of the views? Itโ€™s just too big and it doesnโ€™t look mobile friendly at all. This is not something i will get used to.

TDhers

Hi Patrick,
Thank you for your feedback on how this affects you.
I am CCing our UX designer @carie and developer @morgan so that they can take this into account in their design updates since they are revamping the entire webapp at the moment (they started with Views, but Forms changes are incoming next)
Thierry

Hi I had to uninstall and reinstall appsheet to get the improvement. This could be not very practical for some users?? I only had one app and one user to update.

TDhers

You should not. We deploy daily and everyone pretty much gets updated app every day without even realizing it. There are a few cases where local device might get a cached version of the app that is not overwritten (not entirely sure why), then an uninstall-reinstall guarantees the cache is flushed.
But in the case here above on that thread, it looks like the new app had been reployed, but the fixes had change the font size. It didnโ€™t change the capitalization which made it appear bigger that when it wasnโ€™t.

Thierry

Top Labels in this Space