Tabbed Dashboard Not working on Some tablets

Hey Everyone,

What triggers the tabbed dashboard view to happen? Its not happening on all of our tablets here,

We have a bunch of
Galaxy Tab s3 Model Sm-t820 (These ones stay in dashboard view but the screen is far to small for this view so you cant navigate it.

We also have a bunch of Galaxy Tab S5eโ€™s. These ones switch to the tabbed dashboard view and work perfect.

Is there anything I can do to force the tabbed dashboard view on the s3?

Solved Solved
0 12 493
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A theoretical solution is to filter your main tabs using show ifs possibly. I donโ€™t know if you can use Context(โ€œViewโ€) in a show if of a view but that is an extreme possibility of a work around to show โ€œtabsโ€ using the bottom section.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

I believe itโ€™s based on screen size/pixel width/some other measure because if you take a browser of your app and shrink the width, eventually it will turn into a tabbed dashboard. I donโ€™t know a solution just what is probably causing this, sorry.

Yea, it is ever so slightly wider, may .5 inch.

Itโ€™s likely based on some pixels as a percent of screen size or something.
Heres a feature request that you might want to vote for.

Is there anything That I can force the tabbed view with Context(โ€œHostโ€)??

As far as I know there is not a way to manually trigger the tabbed view on a dashboard since you arenโ€™t able to enable tabbed view on desktops.

Crap.

A theoretical solution is to filter your main tabs using show ifs possibly. I donโ€™t know if you can use Context(โ€œViewโ€) in a show if of a view but that is an extreme possibility of a work around to show โ€œtabsโ€ using the bottom section.

This would be an excellent use of CONTEXT(), actually.

Austinโ€™s approach is a good one.

I have good ideas on occasion.
You would need copies of your views for the menu and the primary views which technically provides a bit of clutter but itโ€™s not that bad since theyโ€™re grouped together. I use Context(Host) to decide whether or not my users land on my mobile view or my dashboards and hiding the appropriate options so I can attest to the clutter being useful.

Ive just finished this :), Thank you. On to the next issue while going through all this tedious work .

Thank you, Great idea. Still want a context formula for Dashboard Tabs though

Most definitely agree with you there.

Better explanation of what I mean is depending on what view you choose out of the menu you could show different sets of views on your primary views
2X_b_be866e34a83a7aa5e5132edbe25620e389b7e435.png

Top Labels in this Space