Table Name not recognized with Special Characters

Hi,
I have found the following error with the Select formula recognizing the table name with special characters.
In my case, my table name is “Sleep & Dreams”, when I use the same in suggested values field using Select command, I am getting the below error.

But, the table name is same as mentioned above.

Error with the Select command,

Help needed.

Thank you.

Solved Solved
1 9 1,268
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would avoid the use of special characters and spaces in table and column names. There’s likely to be other places in the app that this could cause problems, and it limits compatibility when integrating with other systems that are more strict with their naming conventions.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I would avoid the use of special characters and spaces in table and column names. There’s likely to be other places in the app that this could cause problems, and it limits compatibility when integrating with other systems that are more strict with their naming conventions.

Sure. I’ll do that @GreenFlux.
Thank you.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You’re going to need to remove the ampersand (&) from the table name.

I’ll bring this up with the developers.

Thank you @Steve

I have just came across this very same problem. While it may seem simple to just remove the & and move on it’s really not because when you change a table name this is what happens.

Please someone just not allow us to put special characters in our table names if this is the issue it’s going to cause.

Thanks
Josh

If you change the table name(s), for sure you need to edit all the expressions associated with that table name. Regenerating or refreshing the editor does not auto-provide that re-association.

I’m aware of this. Which is exactly why I posted what I did. It would be great if appsheet didn’t allow you to put characters that it doesn’t recognize in the table name. Otherwise later down the road you will come across the issue described by Khanapmoffice and have to change your table name which then can cause all sorts of problems as shown in my post above.

Ditto. However, provided I’m not mistaken, neither one the RDMS have some sort of a name check for the column/header names. Besides, it’s a big rule of thumb not using/avoid using non-ASCII chars and/or operands (i.e. the amperstand) - even the space char in general - with the column/header/parameter/variable names in coding and/or RDMS development.

Top Labels in this Space