Table partitioning

I’m facing an issue while using webhook integration to a table.

Scenario:

Table_Communication is there store the history of communication happened on various views/tables.

There are action buttons on views to know about the communication type and description.
These buttons will write information to a field (Field_CommTxt) on the same table.

Whenever the value changes on the above field, it’ll trigger a webhook to copy this information to the table “Table_Communication”. So, that I can keep the history of all communication.

Till here, the app is fantastic.

I feel that the table “Table_Communication” is going to have thousands and millions.
Then I thought to use the partition on the table.
Started using the partition on this table.
But webhook is not working for these partitioned table.

The information is writing to the initial table only as the “url” of the webhook is specifying the table name.

how to fix this?

0 6 639
6 REPLIES 6

@Phil Any thoughts?

Hi Aleksi,

I posted the following in response.

Can you tell me the partition expression you are using for partitioning your table?

Using UserSetting in the partition expression is not currently supported because I do not provide a way for you to specify UserSettings values in the REST API call.

If you are using USEREMAIL() in the partition expression, then you must specify the “RunAsUserEmail” property in the Properties contained in the REST API request.

Phil

Can you tell me the partition expression you are using for partitioning your table?

Using UserSetting in the partition expression is not currently supported because I do not provide a way for you to specify UserSettings values in the REST API call.

If you are using USEREMAIL() in the partition expression, then you must specify the “RunAsUserEmail” property in the Properties contained in the REST API request.

@Phil thanks for the response.

I’m using USERSETTINGS in the partition expression.
Can it be a feature request as we don’t have the option as of now?

is there any workaround?

I can add UserSettings to the REST API. It may take several days to get to it. I have a backlog of issues to investigate and resolve.

I have added the ability to include USERSETTINGS in a REST API request.
This is useful if your tables use Data Partitioning and the partition expression is based on USERSETTINGS.

If testing goes well, this change will be release on Friday July 12, 2019 in the afternoon Seattle time.
Consult the documentation is see how to specify USERSETTINGS in a REST API request.
See https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1979979-invoking-the-api

Top Labels in this Space