Table Regen resets everything?

I haven’t done anything for a couple of months and obviously there’s been an interface refresh but one thing that just really threw me is that the old “Regenerate” table feature is gone and it appears the only other option for updating table additions is the “Regenerate Structure” button. When I used that it reset all of the formulas for the app and even changed some of the row types (reset them to the original types that were created when I uploaded the table)…what the heck? Am I missing something?

0 4 719
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Hi Todd, the new “Regenerate Structure” is identical in behavior to the old “Regenerate”. It is just a different text in a button.

That said, could you say more about the data source and what was lost during the regenerate? If it is coming from a database source, the column types from the source need to be trusted. However, if the column names are unchanged, then app formulas should never be lost.

FYI, you can revert back to the previous version. If you do that, make a copy of the app and then tell us the repro steps, we’d be happy to walk thru it and see why you seem to be losing settings.

I’m an idiot. Thanks.

@Todd_Stone You’re not an idiot!

Top Labels in this Space