Table set up

So I have fairly basic inventory app running now that works across the multiple locations we have. My next step for improvement is setting up some auto price updates and vendor comparisons. I believe I am going to have to rejig my data for the best approach to avoid lengthy and time consuming virtual columns. To simplify; the portions of my app that will need to change are about as follows.
I have PRODUCTS tab that records all the unique items we stock and various other tabs that record the ins and outs and the where toโ€™s. Now I need to set up a multitude of vendors who all stock the items we do, but who all use a different sku and provide the items at different prices at different times. I had currently started setting up a table that has one column for our SKU, and then 3 columns for each Vendor (which could be reduced to two) as their SKU, their NAME, and their PRICE. I have second guessed this approach as now the columns will limit adding new Vendors. Am I better off making a separate table for every vendor? Or perhaps keep the vendors as I had previously as just a list in their own table and create one long table to tie every vendor to every sku with a separate price? My only fear on this method is that we currently have over 4000 SKUโ€™s which would in turn have to link to 40+ vendors, which could be up to or over 1,600,000 rows of data for other tables and expressions to sort throughโ€ฆ
Looking for advice on how to best optimize this and subsequent formulas (ie, price check all 40 vendors for this sku on order etc etc)

1 0 104
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space