Table slice by user settings. I use usersett...

Table slice by user settings.

I use usersettings as filter to slice the table.

Usersettings has Ref type, and user select items to custom filter to show some views.

What the problem is when the usersetttings is left untouched (or none is selected) we could not pick up any row out of table. What i wish to do is to show all if none of usersetting is selected.

I tried to use IF expression like IF(ISNOTBLANK(USERSETTINGS(XXX)), USERSETTINGS(xxxxx), โ€œโ€), but this expression didnt work.

How can we achieve this?

0 5 560
5 REPLIES 5

@Suvrutt_Gurjar @Grant_Stead Thank you for your comment, really helpful.

I tried various stuffs, and eventually, I came up with the following expression which did work fine and achieved what I wanted to do.

IF(ISNOTBLANK(USERSETTINGS(xxxx)),USERSETTINGS(xxxx)=[yyyy],โ€œTrueโ€)

Once again, I filtered table by usersettings. When nothing is selected (default) on usersetting, then show all the row. User select item (usersetting column is set as ref type) and show only rows matching with criteria.

Once again thank you for your help.

Hi @tsuji_koichi,I am sure you have already tried this before.But just in case not yet tried, please explore following.

Have you tried configuring

โ€œinitial valueโ€ attribute in all user settings? The initial value may be set based on say User Email. Just in case any user forgets to do any User Settings, at least some initial value

that is relevant to him is available to the user. For example

The slice that needs to be made based on Enum type [Reports] column may have options such as โ€œManufacturing Reportโ€, โ€œSales Reportโ€ and โ€œMarketing Reportโ€

Now in UserSettings,

create an Enum type setting titled Reports with Enum values as three reporting options mentioned above and initial value expression as follows

=IF(USEREMAIL()=USER1@testemail.com,โ€œManufacturingReportโ€,IF(USEREMAIL()=USER2@testemail.com,โ€œSales Reportโ€,โ€œMarketing Reportโ€))

The slice row filter may have setting as [Reports] = USERSETTINGS(Reports)

Hope this helps in some way.

I know this is going to sound crazy but please try the expression backwards, with isblankโ€ฆ

Hi @tsuji_koichi , thank you for your reply. Your solution is interesting. Showing all rows verses selected through your slice expression involving usersettings.

All the best.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Hi, actually, my real scenario involved multiple usersettings, but in combination of IF expression, it worked as well. Good to hear this is of your interest. Take care.

Top Labels in this Space