Table View > Headers ignore Display Name expression and show column name instead

I’m facing a rather strange behaviour of a Table View in one of my recently created apps:

Table Headers display the column name despite expressions for the columns’ Display Name are set.

In another app created previously using the same account, the values calculated by the Display Name expression are correctly used for the table headers instead.

Settings for both apps are claimed to be identical.
Testing the simple Display Name expression yields expected output.

In addition, Display Name expressions work in Details View and Form View, but also not in Inline View.

Now, what am I missing here?

Table View ignoring Display Name in table headers:

Table View correctly using Display Name in table headers:

0 8 345
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This may be a bug. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Got it. Asked support@appsheet.com for help. Thanks.

In a very similar way. The display name of the field in the table is shorter than in the other views. I assign it to you with this function:

IF(CONTEXT("ViewType")="table","Reclamac.","Nº de incidencias con origen en reclamaciones de ciudadanos")

This works if the table is displayed independently but not if the table is part of a dashboard.

Separate table:

The same table inside dashboard:

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

CONTEXT(“ViewType”) will return as “Dashboard” when you’re in a Dashboard view, even if the sub-view is a Table.

Thank you very much for the help, indeed that is so but it is not what I would like. Is there a sub-context concept?
A dashboard view includes a table view and a detail view. In the table view I need a short name and in the detail view I need a long name. This way, I can only have a short name or a long name in both. How can I get what I’m looking for?

Nope.

Create a(n optionally virtual) column that mirrors the column’s value. Give the original one header, the new column the other header. Create a new table view for use in the dashboard. Include the column with the desired header in that view. Set the Row Selected event action for that table to an action that navigates to a detail view that uses the desired header.

Thank you very much steve, I will do that

Top Labels in this Space