Table View not Considering the Show_If Condition?

I have some fields with show_if conditions set. Its working fine in detailed view and form view but not in table view . I could still see the column in the table view despite having set the condition to hide it for particular set of users. How do I hide that in table view too ?

0 17 878
  • UX
17 REPLIES 17

Aurelien
Participant V

Hi @Manish_Jain1

you can use a slice as source table of your view, to remove the column for this specific view. Although this is a permanent solution, not conditioned.
Can you share your show_if expression ?

I believe Show_if conditions will not work on summary views such as table view if the show_if condition is expected to show the column for some rows and hide for some rows.

I think as @Aurelien suggested you may have a slice for all those users who would like to see that column and another slice for all those users who should not see that column.

The discussions in the below post threads could be useful to you.

Thanks Mr.Gurjar,

No its common for all the rows, I dont want to hide the column for the entire table for a particular set of users.

Slice would be a good option but the problem is I would have need a new view too and then managing both the views, looks like a problem when there are a dozen tables like this I have in my app. Creating and Managing an extra set of these many tables and views would be so difficult. Every change I wanna make in the view of the main table, I would have to make in the slice as well.

@Manish_Jain1 ,

Could you please clerify below?

It is not exactly clear what you mean. You may wish to share the show if condition. I believe as long as the condition expression presents a possibility of evaluating to more than one value, it will continue to be shown in the table view.

Sorryโ€ฆ Typo โ€ฆ

I meant โ€ฆ I want to Hide the Column for the Entire table โ€ฆnot for particular rows

OR(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), Users, email, level)=โ€œLevel1โ€,LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), Users, email, level)=โ€œLevel2โ€)

I have categorised my users in Levels . I want to show this column to Level 1 and Level 2 only and not Level 3

Thank you. Will your table view have users of all three categories?

Yesโ€ฆ The same table is used by all 3 category of usersโ€ฆ just the number is columns each one sees differs based on what they are supposed to.

Thanks. In that case , I request you to read both my posts referred above.

If in the same table view , it is not possible to hide the column conditionally. Even in Excel or Google sheet , we have filter expressions to hide rows but a column in a Google Sheet table or Excel can be either hidden for all the rows or shown for all the rows.

That is what I want. To hide the column for all the rows.

Then please disable the show if.

I think you have got me wrong. I want that column to hide when only particular users are logged in. It is not dependent on any of the row values but is dependent on the logged in user.

Thank you. I think you will need to address it through slices ( one slice that includes the column and slice to be made available to Level1 and Level 2 users) and another slice (that excludes the column and slice to be made available to level 3 users)

However, please be aware slice approach will not stop the data reaching the devices of Level 3 users. They will just not see that column when viewing through app.

But that would also mean doing the changes in UX for both views, everytime. Am I right ?

I believe that will not entail very many changes to UX. And in the case of any workarounds, in general, there will be more changes as compared to a feature that is directly available.

Ok. Thanks a lot for the help Mr.Gurjar. Let me work on it.

For clarification, if a particular table view includes a column that has a show_if expression, then the table header will still display for the column in question, however it will not display a value in the table if it should be hidden based on the expression. So in a case where the column does not display, the column header will show in the table, but the value(s) under the column would not display.

This is because show_if on a column is analyzed on a per row basis. So in a table view that summarizes data it will always show the column header but it will โ€˜showโ€™ the data in the row based on your show_if expression.

Thanks Markus,

Just realised , Its only showing the column and not the data. Not completely desirable but this should work now. I just hope Appsheet team works on it soon.

Top Labels in this Space