Target URL disappeared

good night
I had previously created an application where I had a link to an external page, at the moment I am creating another one, but the field to put the URL in this version does not exist.
If there is anyone who can help me I appreciate it. Thank you

Solved Solved
0 26 546
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Perfect, I wasted an entire day and it was so simple. I had already made another app for a friend and I put the direct link, but I no longer remember how I did it. Thank you very much
@LeventK
@Steve

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Steve
Participant V

How are you trying to create the external link?

Right now I only have one URL type field, but I donโ€™t have the address set anywhere, because I donโ€™t know where to put the address

The URL would go in the column value.

In the Gsheet or in the appsheet?
Sorry, iโ€™m a beginner.

Yes. Your app (AppSheet) should have a table that uses a worksheet in your spreadsheet. Any value that goes into the AppSheet table should end up in the worksheet.

I already did what you are saying, but then the field does not appear, it says what type of column โ€˜Urlโ€™ has a โ€˜Spreadsheet Formulaโ€™, so the column is being marked as โ€˜Read onlyโ€™ and does not appear in the app

Ahhhโ€ฆ In the spreadsheet, remove all formulas from the entire column the URL will be stored in. Then, in the column configuration for the app, clear the Spreadsheet formula property:

3X_2_8_282f345e631bfe24f30ab4e7a5c01fd72970daf2.png

I cleaned the formulas in the spreadsheet, and erased all the data, saved and synchronized the app, re-entered the address and the result was the same

This should be blank:
3X_f_4_f453bc5b7f8a964a1d49b18f85df50b32afc7ff8.png

Nothing I wrote in any way suggested you should enter anything here; I explicitly told you to clear the value.

Sorryโ€ฆ my english is not so good, I understood, that you should have the address there

But where do I put the address?

@Alexandre_Alves
The correct place is Initial Value

Thanks, but donโ€™t work, already tried

May I humbly ask what you are trying to achieve? At the end, the URL column will not present a clickable URL in the Form View. You will be able to see in the Detail View. So provided you place your URL either in the initial value or appformula

CONCATENATE("http://www.google.com")

it will get you what you need in the Detail View but not in the Form View

@LeventK
The objective is to put a field (Sopa) that is the key, and there is another field (Soup) that will insert the same data but in English, between these two fields I would like to put a direct link to the google translator

Simples, mas nรฃo estou a conseguir

You should than use a Show type column with a base type of URL, not a URL type column

Perfect, I wasted an entire day and it was so simple. I had already made another app for a friend and I put the direct link, but I no longer remember how I did it. Thank you very much
@LeventK
@Steve

Youโ€™re welcome. But please bear in mind that, provided the user clicks that link, the user will loose the focus on the Appsheet app and the form and will need a restart. Just FYI.

@LeventK
Oh. Once again, thank you very much

Youโ€™re very welcome.

@LeventK
From what I have read on the forum, they say that it is not possible to place a field of our App directly on a web page, for example to put the value of the field โ€œSopaโ€

automatically on the google translator page?

@Alexandre_Alves
Actually you can Try below expression with your Show column URL:

IFS(
	ISNOTBLANK([Sopa]),
	CONCATENATE(
		"https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=pt&tl=en&text=",
		ENCODEURL([Sopa])
	)
)

I managed it too, but I created a virtual column and put this formula:

That wonโ€™t be clickable I believe. IMHO, Show type column is a better solution.

@LeventK
It is clickable and working. But I believe in your experience, and in terms of programming your way is the correct one.
my id is 814922 you can check

@LeventK
Shows the address, but does not activate the link

Top Labels in this Space