Template Expression: Virtual Column

Hi,

I have a virtual column value that calculates the total number of queries on the app.

When I put it into an app view I get singular values like below.
3X_3_3_3302c0bfed8e9102d2569219846435d1d98491b2.png

However, when I try and put totals within the reports it repeats itself for the number of records, see below.

Here is the expression Im using to pull it in.

3X_f_7_f70bb2a393ca40e629c160cdbe9ca3a69b824064.png

Solved Solved
0 6 246
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Sarah_Keown , given your start expression, I believe thatโ€™s his intended behaviour, Accounts[Order No] returns all the values of the [Order No] column in the โ€œAccountsโ€ table, if you would like it to return a single value, your Start expression should return the key of the row youโ€™re interested in.

Or if thatโ€™s the case then you donโ€™t need a start expression at all, if that virtual column belongs to the table youโ€™re running the workflow from, then using just <<[Procurement]>> might be what youโ€™re looking for.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Sarah_Keown , given your start expression, I believe thatโ€™s his intended behaviour, Accounts[Order No] returns all the values of the [Order No] column in the โ€œAccountsโ€ table, if you would like it to return a single value, your Start expression should return the key of the row youโ€™re interested in.

Or if thatโ€™s the case then you donโ€™t need a start expression at all, if that virtual column belongs to the table youโ€™re running the workflow from, then using just <<[Procurement]>> might be what youโ€™re looking for.

Great, thank you Iโ€™ll try it out

It seems as a standalone value it doesnโ€™t work, I received this editor error

The Report is running from the table that value belongs to also

Is <<[Procurement]>> outside of any Start expressions that could change from where appsheet evaluates the expression?

I used a filter expression to find the value based on the key as you mentioned above and it worked well, thank you

Top Labels in this Space