Template Help - List of unique items (not a ref)

I have a table of assets, In this table I create a concatenated text field I want to create a unique list of these, and post next to them an associated quantity.

Right now, I’m posting the entire table of assets to an xlsx template, and in another sheet of that template I’m using spreadsheet formulas to FILTER(UNIQUE()) and then SUMIF expressions to bring in the quantities.

I really need to get this list and associated quantities into a PDF output report. Anyone know how to do this?

Solved Solved
0 10 468
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It would be something like this…

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

If the fitting list is static, you can add a formula for each cell in your quantity column. Though there could be some nicer ways, but at list that works.

The issue is that in a template the start expression only takes a list of refs…
So, I’m not sure how to get this list even in the PDF…

Do you have this fittings table in the app?

Lets assume that you have these fittings in your app. Then you would need to use a suitable condition rule with the Start: expression. Yes it will still be a list of key values, but you would need to find one record from each group. There is lot of ways to do that… for example using [KeyColumn]=MAXROW(…) with the condition rule. Then you can calculate the quantity when the group is known.

I don’t know where to start…

Let me check if I have a suitable sample app…

It would be something like this…

Oh!
I see! That’s an interesting way to get to it! Thanks @Aleksi I’ll let you know how it works!

Thanks man, this worked perfect…
I’ll have to file this strategy away…

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space