Template images not displaying

Kwan
Participant II

I uploaded a Word doc template to run and generate a PDF that is emailed via a workflow. The Word template contains a logo of my company and other images like company address and signature. When the PDF is generated the images are not displayed. Why? Thanks for your help.

Kevin

0 6 777
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, did you use any formula for those images?

No. Is a formula required? The images were simply pasted into the Word doc. Thanks.

Formula is not needed. @Phil Any thoughts?

Should I elevate this to a formal Support request or has it effectively already been elevated? Thanks.

Please send email to support@appsheet.com directly.

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

As Steve suggested, you should submit a problem report and include:

1. Your account id
  2. The application name
  3. The table name
  4. The workflow rule or report name
  5. A complete description of the problem
  6. The exact steps to reproduce the problem
  7. Please go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/account#_tab_acctConfig and check the option that enables support access.

I did a simple experiment in which I create a Microsoft Word template and included an image as described in topic โ€œIncluding an Image in the Templateโ€ in this this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2993234-microsoft-word-email-templates.

I did the same for a Google Docs template that included an image.

The images were displayed correctly in the resulting PDF file attachments for both the Microsoft Word and Google Docs templates.

When a Word template includes images, the images are directly included in the HTML file that is exported from the Word document. If the images are extremely large, you might exceed the file size limits enforced by the HTML to PDF web conversion service.

It sounds like you are pasting the images directly into the Word document. If you are including the images by specifying a URL, the image URL must be publicly accessible. This is essential, because the HTML to PDF web conversion service must be able to retrieve the image to include it in the resulting PDF file. The HTML to PDF web conversion service can only do this if the image URL is publicly accessible.

Top Labels in this Space