The APK file or Android App Bundle uses permissions that require a privacy policy: (android.permission.CAMERA)

Hello,

I have an issue with my apk file created in appsheet when I upload it in google play console.

It says:
The APK file or Android App Bundle uses permissions that require a privacy policy: (android.permission.CAMERA).

The app is a white label app. It is read-only. Users cannot use a camera. What is going wrong?

Arthur

0 7 2,938
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Arthur,
Let me try to explain whatโ€™s happening here:
When we generate your APK we need to include all the features that your app might use, even if itโ€™s not currently using those features. The reason for this is that at any point you can add functionality to your app from the editor, and those changes will be enabled in the app the next time the users syncs, without the need to generate a new APK.
Because of this, we have to keep the camera permissions associated with your appโ€™s APK.

Does this makes sense?

Hello Gil,

Thank you for your reply. I noticed that I had left the privacy policy empty. So I made the apk with an empty privacy policy. Is it possible that this could be the problem?

Kind regards,

Arthur

The privacy policy is not part of the apk, itโ€™s part of your appโ€™s play store listing. You might need to add a link to a page webpage with a privacy policy.

I left it totally empty. I think that is the problem

Should I write there a text or put a link?

I think either should be good.

Problem fixed here : your apk or android app bundle is using permissions that require a privacy policy

Top Labels in this Space