The condition of format rule 'Status' may be expensive and slow the user experience of your app warning

Pointer
Participant V
OR(
IN("Low Risk", SELECT(Records[Status], [GID]=[_THISROW].[GID])),
IN("Risk", SELECT(Records[Status], [GID]=[_THISROW].[GID])),
IN("High Risk", SELECT(Records[Status], [GID]=[_THISROW].[GID]))
)

With this formula, I color the parent table from the bottom table according to the situation, the formula works, but I get this warning, how can I use a simpler formula?

โ€œThe condition of format rule โ€˜Statusโ€™ may be expensive and slow the user experience of your appโ€

Solved Solved
0 3 301
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Could you update which is parent table? Any multirow expression format rule will be in general expensive. But probably better expression will be

ISNOTBLANK(INTERSECT(LIST(โ€œLow Riskโ€, โ€œRiskโ€, โ€œHigh Riskโ€), [Related Records][Status]))

Assumes โ€œRecordsโ€ is the child table.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Could you update which is parent table? Any multirow expression format rule will be in general expensive. But probably better expression will be

ISNOTBLANK(INTERSECT(LIST(โ€œLow Riskโ€, โ€œRiskโ€, โ€œHigh Riskโ€), [Related Records][Status]))

Assumes โ€œRecordsโ€ is the child table.

This is what I was looking for, thank you very much.

It was the first time I used it.

Great.

One more point to note is the REF_ROWS column ( In this case [Related Records]) has always a list of keys of related child records. So one can easily build a list of related other fieldsโ€™ values from the child table without having to create another SELECT() expression. ( [Related Records][Status] in this case)

Top Labels in this Space