The monitor app is VERY slow

The app that monitors bots is VERY slow. Sometimes it even times out:

Connection timed out. Please wait a moment and try again.

We only have two apps that contains bots, so the amount of data transfered is minimal. And the app itself is made by AppSheet, so it shouldnt be any performance issues with it.
It is tested on a fast, wired network with approx 100 mbit transfer speed. When it doesnt time out, it uses between 1-3 minutes to open/sync.

1 Like

Noticed the same issue the last time I was using it.

If you click on the setting for the Monitoring App, they are available from the accordion looking button on the top left. You should be able to select the time span.

Does it take less time to load if you only load data for one day ?

1 Like

I just tried, it is still as slow. And we dont have so much data yet, so even when it fetches the log from the last 30 days, the amount of data transfered is still minimal, and thus should not impact the speed.

Hi,
Can you email support@appsheet.com with details of your app and allow access to your apps – go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/account#_tab_acctConfig and check the option that enables support access.

We would like to investigate the issue.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Done :smiley:
But FYI, when I connect to the US with VPN, the performance is vastly increased.
So it seems like this also has to do with the US servers having a huge performence advantage over those in the EU? May it have something to do with that?

2 Likes

Hi Oliver,
Thanks for the info!
Without VPN, do you see a much larger latency when you access appsheet.com in general? For example, loading the homepage or the editor page.

1 Like

Yes, it is a huge difference! Approx. 5 times faster with VPN to the US.
See this post aswell: Access AppSheet account settings very slow - Questions - AppSheet Creator Community

1 Like

Hi Oliver,
From the other post, it looks like Praveen provided a fix/solution and should have been deployed a few days ago.
Do you still experience slowness accessing appsheet.com in general now without VPN?
As for the monitoring app itself, we have improved its loading performance so it should be faster now.

Thanks!

Hi!
The monitor app is still so slow that it is timing out. Got this message again:

Connection timed out. Please wait a moment and try again.

When using VPN it takes < 30 sec.

Regarding accessing the account page on appsheet.com: Last try took 2 min 21 seconds to just load the page. Using VPN it took just 31 seconds, So either the fix is not yet rolled out, or the fix didn’t affect this problem? @Zhifeng_Lin @Dan_Bahir

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I just switched the VPN on and syncing is quite a bit faster. I don’t see the sort of difference you have but sync times went down by about a third with the VPN to the US.

3 Likes

Hi @praveen Is it true that AppSheet’s EU Server are slower than US Server?

I am based in Northern Ireland and assessing My Account has always been slow. Timed it this morning and it took 2mins 15sec. Loading User Activity is also very slow.

2 Likes

@Zhifeng_Lin FYI

2 Likes

I have at least what feel like extremely long wait times to navigate to anything other than the my apps page and the editor and am based in the US. Have not ever timed any though.

1 Like

Yep, I find the My Account area painful to navigate. I’m in the US.

2 Likes

Any updates? The monitor-app is just getting slower and slower now. :frowning:
And often times out. So we are not able to monitor the Bots, and thus cant use Bots properly.
Is it possible to stop the out-phasing of workflows until this is in place? @steve @Zhifeng_Lin @Aleksi

2 Likes

Mine actually shows up moderately quick now? We do only have a handful of bots and a few hundred runs in total though.

1 Like

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Attn @prithpal @Dan_Bahir

1 Like

Hi Oliver,

Were you using VPN when you accessed the monitoring app?

Thanks!

1 Like