The new floating Phone/Call button is causing...

The new floating Phone/Call button is causing some issues with my views. Our users have gotten very used to clicking/tapping the the small phone icon that appears in the top level views/lists to make calls. This small icon has now disappeared in many of the views causing the user to have to click/tap all the way into the record to make the call using the larger floating button. This inconsistency is causing an extra level of training that often is forgotten and turns into frustration.

As best as I can tell, this only happens on views that are grouped and where the users have to expand the list to get to the record they are looking for. This is a real nuisance.

Is there a way to turn off the larger floating phone/call button feature and if I do that, will the small phone icons reappear?

I have other tables that also include

phone numbers but they work as expected. There is no floating Phone/Call button and the small phone action icons work as expected. Again, why the inconsistency in behavior?

0 6 1,294
6 REPLIES 6

There should never be a larger floating phone call button. Have you changed one of the system actions for the phone call to having an Overlay prominence?

A printscreen would help us to identify the issue. Is it possible?

@praveen

I must have turned this feature on somewhere but I have no idea where. I spent 2 hours looking through documentation and searching the user community and I canโ€™t find anything on it. I tried editing the Column Name in the table but donโ€™t see any option for this feature.

Note the floating blue icon at the bottom of the screen and also note that the smaller phone icon no longer appears next to the phone number, only the text bubble. The same applies to the list view where the user normally would tap to make the phone call.

May I ask your account ID and the app name. I can check the reason from the app if itโ€™s okay for you. I believe there is more than one reason for these.

Account:

377516 App Name: SJ Mission Tools

Views that show this behavior Missionaries by Zone Missionaries by Area Mission Leadership (Dashboard - scroll down to Missionary Leaders) The first two entries have the phone icon only because it is their secondary phone, not their primary

Upcoming Birthdays and other views work fine.

Elder Fonz Allen Mission Executive Secretary California San Jose Mission

@Fonz_Allen It appears at some point the Call Phone (Phone 1) system action was changed from the default โ€œdisplay inlineโ€ to โ€œdisplay overlayโ€. Setting it to display inline should restore the normal behavior.

Top Labels in this Space