The user's location on the map is not determined

Rustam
Participant II

the application has the location of points necessary for the user, but the user’s location on the map is determined simply by the center of the screen, and not its real location, I can’t understand the reason, help

0 9 438
9 REPLIES 9

tony1
Participant V

Hi @Rustam. You’ll need to make sure the app user has enabled location permissions for AppSheet. See the troubleshooting section here: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961581-capturing-gps-location

Other community members have discussed using a validation formula to prevent users from submitting a form if HERE() returns 0,0. LatLong Value Validity

Rustam
Participant II

User has enabled all required permissions. And the map displays the user’s location. But it displays it with a standard Google circle. And when you press the location button, it just shows the center of the screen, not the real location. Does not bring the map closer to the user’s location and does not center his location on the screen. Previously, there was such functionality. Not now. Can someone explain how to implement this now?

You should have latlong type data fileds which is used in your map view. I suspect you forgot to add the initial value with expression HERE().
Just add here() expression as initial value of it.

there is no form where the user enters his current location, where then to write HERE ()?

Visit column settings, and find the latlong data type field which is used to place a pin over the map.
then push the expression of here() into initial value.

Rustam
Participant II

sorry this pin on the map is set automatically by the map view, where to find the settings for this column I don’t understand
my datasheet has an address column, but there is also an address column type. If you put the initial value in this column, HERE () gives an error.

Here() expression can not live with address type field. Sorry then I don’t know what to do with this.

Rustam
Participant II

thanks for the help, tell me how to contact the developers directly? previously the same function worked, now it doesn’t. apparently some changes have been made

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space