There is a discrepancy between a workflow rul...

There is a discrepancy between a workflow rule and the “Change TimeStamp” field in the table: My app is generating an email based on a Behavior-Workflow rule that is triggered on “ADDS_AND_UPDATES”. The email has a statement: “Update by xxxx@gmail.com at 4/16/2018 10:53:56 AM” The record has a “ChangeTimeStamp” (with blank for ChangeColumns and ChangeValues). It’s date is “4/9/2018 12:56:53 PM”.

What can trigger the Update Behavior-Workflow, but not trigger the ChangeTimeStamp field ?

0 9 381
9 REPLIES 9

@Morris_Arthur

Is it possible that you doing the update through a slice that omits the ChangeTimestamp field?

No. Both edit and workflow are connected directly to the table.

I do have a “If this condition is true” constraint on the system-generated Edit for that table (under Behavior-Actions)… and in this case the user should not have been able to enter edit mode for this record. There is no evidence that the record was edited, however the update workflow was kicked off for some reason. What could it have been ?

@Morris_Arthur

I would start by looking at Audit History to see who made the update and what data values were changed.

That’s the thing: no update in Audit Log. Just an “App sync” by that user 1 second prior to the time indicated in the Update email…

@Morris_Arthur

Please provide: 1. Your account id (from the Account pane) 2. The app name 3. The workflow rule name 4. The data and time of the incident

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh 1)Account ID: 555920 2)App: eROSS 3) RossReport 4) as specified above: email received with “Update by xxxx@gmail.com at 4/16/2018 10:53:56 AM” in the header.

@Morris_Arthur

The Audit History record for the update to table “Insp” can be found at EventTimeStamp: 4/16/2018 5:53:47 PM

and the workflow rule can be found at EventTimeStamp: 4/16/2018 5:53:57 PM.

The date/time values in these Audit History records are in GMT time while the date/time values in the workflow rule email are in local time. In the Audit History record for the workflow rule you can see the date/time values that are displayed in the workflow email. That will allow you to confirm the match up between the workflow email and the Audit History record.

The Audit History record for the update to table “Insp” contains a ChangeTimestamp value in the “ModifiedDate” field of ‘04/09/2018 12:56:53’. I suspect that ChangeTimestamp value is correct.

The Audit History indicates that the user last did a sync at ‘4/9/2018 10:29:40 PM’. It looks like the user changed the record on 4/9/2018 but did not sync the change until 4/16/2018.

This is reinforced by the AppTemplate Version of ‘1.000959’ contained in the Audit History record for the update. That was the current AppTemplate version on 4/9/2018. Had the user done a sync after 4/12/2018 they would have received AppTemplate Version ‘1.000960’ or later.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Alas, I cannot view Audit History that far back.

I’ll just let this issue (hopefully) fade away…

@Morris_Arthur

I am pretty confident that between the two of us we have figured it out. If it recurs please get back in touch.

Top Labels in this Space