This has probably been covered before but I c...

This has probably been covered before but I can’t find a reference to it. I have two tables which are linked through a Ref field - LearnerID. Both tables also have the fields - FirstName and LastName. When a user selects a name from the list and opens a nested table I would like the FirstName and LastName of the nested table to be prepopluated from the records of the parent table. Is this possible? Thanks

0 2 307
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, you can add a dereference in the “Initial Value” field of the respective fields. If your link/reference is set up right and working, that should work fine. I’m assuming you want to fill them at the time of creation. If you want them to change every time the underlying data changes/every time you access them, I think you’d put the same formula into the App formula. The entry will be something like =[key_field_in_current_table].[desired_field_in_referenced_table] Look up dereferencing to learn more.

tony1

@Andrew_Gilmour Here’s a demonstration of this (try creating a new appointment) appsheet.com - Table References - A basic demo of table references Table References - A basic demo of table references appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space