[_thisrow] in <<start: is not working?

Hello friends
I am making a report where I have several records for the same day, and the report I just want to add all the records of the day giving me a total per day, but …
I send you the report screen,

1. when I use [_THISROW].[DATE], I get an error!
    " Error in expression ‘[_THISUSER].[DATE]’ : Unable to find column ‘DATE’."
    I’m sure the name of the field is fine! in # 2 it works with the same name !

2. if I use [KEY].[DATE] I don’t get the sum per day but for the whole table!
    It does not take into account that I only want the sum of those who have the same date !!!

Can someone please guide me!!

2X_2_2c55634c09ee10ac331a7b6be1ed21df1aa1abf3.png

1 6 2,269
6 REPLIES 6

1. You have a typo - replace THISUSER with THISROW
  2. Use [KEY].[DATE]=[_THISROW].[DATE] or whatever required to restrict the rows in your SELECT formula

Thx Bellave, i have write [_THISROW], you can see it in the picture of the google doc, the 2nd column…
<<SUM( SELECT( CORTE[PREVIO $], AND([FECHA ID] = [_THISROW].[FECHA ID], [UPPER SUC] = [SUCU])) )>>

where you see [THISUSER] is in the 2nd picture, the AppSheet Log… i do not know why…

Does there exist a column named FECHA ID in the table [_THISROW] refers to?

Thx Steve I really appreciate your time and your council …

Yes it does…
even remember that if I use [KEY].[FECHA ID] does not generate error, the report is executed but it adds all the records of the table …

WHY THE REFERENCE TO THE CURRENT RECORD [_THISROW] DOES NOT WORK? says error, because the variable does not exist, but it does exist!

IS NORMAL THAT IN THE LOG, [_THISROW] BE REPLACED WITH [_THISUSER]?

Can you think of another way to achieve the same, add records of the same day to a daily total?

Sorry, my lack of familiarity with report templates confused me. _THISROW isn’t available where you’re trying you use it. If this <<Start>> block is inside another one, you can use _THISROW-1 instead. See Accessing Columns in Parent and Grandparent Records in Template Start Expressions.

ahh that’s new!
it is good to know the reason, I fix it while making a virtual variable in the table, keeping there the value to compare …

I will need it later [_thisrow-1]…

Thx, many Thx…

Top Labels in this Space