Thousands separator not working in Price Type...

Thousands separator not working in Price Type Column?

I set a column as Price.

Then I set the currency to R$ and Thousands Separator to True.

However, when inserting data in the form, the thousands separator “.” does not appear, neither when typeing the number, nor when changing between fields and not even when saving the sheet and going to Google Sheets.

Also, the decimal (cents) usually is shown as ,00 even if no cents were included.

I guess this is important as currency is usually right justified, and if some numbers have cents on them and others do not, the position of the number’s won´t match, and that makes it more difficult to make an analysis such as mentally adding values.

0 8 1,268
8 REPLIES 8

Btw, to be more clear, I think that when CHOOSING Price Type column, and then having decimal values and thousands separator as true, the comma of decimals and dot of thousands (or vice versa in case of USA and England) should be included automatically in the number typed.

Harry2
Participant V

@Rogerio_Penna Hi Rogerio, I just tried to reproduce the problem in a sample app, and I noticed that the thousand separators and the decimal separator showed up after the price had been saved but not when I was typing in the price. Is this the same problem that you’re having?

I will make a few extra tests. In the sheet it had been saved without separators. I think however that it should show even if only when changing fields. But preferable already when typing as it helps insert the correct number

Harry2
Participant V

@Rogerio_Penna Hi Rogerio, whether the thousand separator will be displayed in the sheet depends on your sheet settings.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet Hi Adam, do you think we can also display the thousand separators while the user is typing in a number?

Yeah, when saved and looking again, the thousands and decimal separators are there. But already displaying them when inserting the numbers is important to help avoiding errors.

Specially when you have several same digits… like in $40000005

The probability of missing the corret number of zeroes is quite smaller if when typeing, it already shows $40.000.005,00

Nick_S
Participant III

Any updates on this topic?

Any update on this?  It has been five years since this was first reported and commas still do not appear in form fields.

i'm with the same problem, but with cents being ignored when the user type.

Top Labels in this Space