Tie Detail view page forward/backward buttons to Action system

Hey everyone.

I was working on an app and noticed the Event Action space for detail views are empty:

It would be a nice touch to be able to tie actions into the page forward/backward actions of the detail views.

An extra bonus would be the additional tie-in of swipe navigation as well - in a detail view, while on a touchscreen device, you can swipe right/left to change the record being viewed in the detail page (if it’s enabled that is).

This could then give the ability to, in a particular context, change the page forward buttons to an action I’ve defined; I could progress a project forward in status, add something to a total, etc.

Sure, I could accomplish the same effect/behavior by creating actions and displaying them on the detail page - or even anchor them onto a field to sort of “mask” their appearance - but it wouldn’t have the same effect of using the built-in navigation elements.

Me: “And when you get to this page, you upgrade or downgrade the status of the project by swiping right and left.” Swipe swipe swipe

Client: “Oh now that’s cool”

(^_^)
As always, thanks for considering!!!

Status Open
3 2 309