Time server?

how to make time, like server time, in condition when he before use/open appsheet he can edited the time in setting device… who can teach me about that ?

@moncet_idi
You can use UTCNOW() expression which reads the server time as per UTC+0 rather than the mobile device’s date&time value.

1 Like

If I understand @moncet_idi concern, I have the same problem where a user can trick Appsheet into recording the wrong time by changing their device time. Does this mean that the UTCNOW() function posts the current time from say an independent server regardless of time set on the device
?

1 Like

@Sentra_Ventures
You are correct. UTCNOW() value is a designated value coming from AppSheet server.

1 Like

Thats great. I’ll be making some changes. Thanks again.

1 Like

You’re welcome @Sentra_Ventures. Please bear in mind that UTCNOW() always returns the datetime value as per UTC+0.

1 Like

It seems that it returns the UTC+0 equivalent of the client device’s time… so the user is still able to tamper with the time value that is recorded :worried:
unless im still missing something…

1 Like

That was my understanding as well.
However, you can record server time if you leverage a workflow if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Can you make tutorial in youtube ??

Can you make tutorial in youtubee ??

I found an exception to this (that is, the value coming from the AppSheet server) and posted about it here:

1 Like