The official article on Azure Active Directory integration is very short. Especially mysterious is the phrase “You may need to first configure your Active Directory enable API access.” I have not been able to get AD integration to work yet. Here’s what I have done so far:
- Create a new Azure Active Directory tenant. Let’s say I used the account testXYZ@live.com to administer tenant. This was done at the Free service level if that matters.
- Created some users and groups.
firstname.lastname@example.org User |member of> Inventory Group |member of> of AD-Test Group
- Signed into AppSheet using a different developer account. email@example.com. I suspect this might be part of the problem.
- Added the domain to AppSheet. AppSheet prompted me and I used testXYZ@live.com (admin for the tenant) account when prompted by AppSheet. This appears to work. I named it active_directory-1
- In my test app (Test AD) I added the authorization domain just created. Appears to work.
- Tried to add the group AD-Test group to the app’s domain authentication. I expected a pull down list to let me select a group. That’s why AppSheet would need access to the group list, right?
Do I need to be logged into the AppSheet editor using the same account I used to add the AD source? I could see that since a request to get a list of groups would have to be authenticated somehow. I would think that AppSheet would save the credentials used to access AD like it does for data sources.
Anyway, I could use some help with this. If you have AD working, how did you do it?