To introduce scanning capability into the app...

To introduce scanning capability into the app, I would like to re-design such that once the value is scanned, it will pull up

the records related to that value. In this case, once the bookโ€™s QR code is scanned, I would like to pull up the related Lending record which is keyed by Student and Book, and then prompt for check in of that book.

How do I build a form with a field (Book Code), which once entered (manually or by scanning) system retrieves the Lending record, populate the Student field, Book Name, etc on the screen and then prompts to check in? In other words this is not a typical maintenance form.

I suspect there is some feature in AppSheet that I am not yet familiar with.

0 4 363
4 REPLIES 4

Create a Form from a table or slice where the only blank column is the code (other columns autofill or are hidden). Then, enable UX/Options/Forms/Advance Automatically

-and UX/Views/[Form View Name]/Auto Save -will save the QR Code form when the last column is filled in

-and

UX/Views/[Form View Name]/Finish View -tells the Form where to go after saving. Create a Deep Link to pull up the related records you want.

App Column Type (Deep Link) help.appsheet.com

Thank a lot @GreenFlux. Extremely creative! Will try and get back

@GreenFlux, curious if you have some similar creative idea for this other issue plus.google.com - When the last field on the form is entered, I am going to โ€œAuto Saveโ€ but I wโ€ฆ When the last field on the form is entered, I am going to โ€œAuto Saveโ€ but I wโ€ฆ plus.google.com

@Mahesh_Gajanan a Show column would work. Iโ€™ll answer in more detail on the other post.

Top Labels in this Space