Triggering Email based on text in a Field

New to Appsheets, i am using a google sheet and want to trigger an email with pdf attachment.

I need to set a condtion under the EVENT which looks for a particular text from a drop down list set as ENUMLIST

however the condtional area seems to only be accepting Yes/No condition, am I missing something here?

0 9 144
9 REPLIES 9

Is [_THISROW].[CPT] = โ€œPROGโ€ solving the problem ?

unfortunately, it gave me this error, i ddi confirm that CPT is a ENUMLIST and โ€œPROGโ€ is a value it that list

Steve
Participant V

yes item is in the list

Hello Sultan and welcome to the community!

Steve is actually telling you that you should use IN()expression; this is what you need to do. Click on the link.

thank you, i got it to work,

but i had one question, after the automation robot has completed how can i clear the value in the CPT field so that the โ€œProgโ€ gets deleted and the field becomes empty, otherwise any future saves of that row will trigger the robot.

I tried to create another PROCESS after the EMAIL task to try to clear the CPT field but could not figure it out? any thoughts on how i could achieve that?

I would never initialize to an empty value, rather to an explicit value like: "init". Since your column is of type List, you would initialize it to LIST("init"). Otherwise, you can use LIST()

Actually I changed it from ENUMLIST and used the _throw to look for โ€œPrOGโ€

So after the email has been sent how can I clear that value within a TEXT field?

currently the condition to trigger the email is shown below, however after the email is sent, i want that particular Field value to be cleared or set to a text like ex: โ€œH or Pโ€

hopefully that makes sense.

Top Labels in this Space