Trouble logging Daily COVID Temperature Checks

Hello! I am creating an app that records daily temperature checks for staff at our property over the next seven weeks. I have a general operation of the app down, but realizing it will be a pain to scroll through 7 weeks of dates to enter someones temp each morning.

Is there a way to have the user enter their temperature and it assign it to the right date column in my excel spreadsheet? Currently each staff has a profile photo to click on, once clicked on I need to add the temperature reading for that day.

In my head I would love to be able to click on the photo and there be a line with the current date, and the next line open for the temperature reading. From there, the correct temp would be in the correct column with the date.

Thank you for the help!

0 4 592
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

Hi @Caseyjude. It sounds like you are using a table that has a row for each temperature reading, and a column for each date.

What about changing it so you have a row for each reading and a single column that records the date of the reading? This will allow you to record temperature readings for arbitrary dates without having to add new columns for new dates.

If you want to then view your data in your original format, you could create a pivot table in your Excel workbook.

Hi Tony. Right now I have rows with all of the staff members names, link to their photos, then columns with the dates. If I switched the rows and the columns, how would I still include the staff names and images?

@Caseyjude Ah, I was incorrect in my original post. Each row represents a person, not a measurement. That makes sense.

Iโ€™d recommend changing the layout of your data to have two tables:

• Staff Members
  • Temperature Measurements

The temperature measurements table would have a ref column that points to your Staff Members table. If you set it up that way, your Temperature Measurements will have a form where you can select the staff member from a dropdown, then enter their measurement + date (you could make the date auto-fill using an initial value formula like TODAY()).

This also has the advantage that for a particular staff member, youโ€™ll get to see their related measurements.

For an example, take a look at this app that has a similar structure. Except instead of staff members and measurements, it has animals and animal photos. https://www.appsheet.com/samples/How-to-add-multiple-photos-to-a-single-row?appGuidString=cad8926b-4...

Hello Casey Johnson,

We are interested in contact you, because we are creating an APP similar.

We check with smartwatches the temperature and shows in the APP.

Can you share with us your APP, maybe your ideas can help us.

Our APP is not ready now but nxet days I will share with you. Thanks Sara

https://www.appsheet.com/newshortcut/3a26800e-85df-456b-8c2f-c7c19315116d

Top Labels in this Space