Try the New PDF Creation Facility

I’d like to test.
ID: 546920

Me too please… 1425098… :slight_smile:

Happy to test this out also :slight_smile:

I´ll be happy to test this.
ID 1801016

Thanks!

Thanks @Phil ! It has taken me a lot of time to investigate how to set the previous way of file saving. Surely this new way its more efficient and I would like to know how to do it.

ID: 1374727

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi Green Flux,

Unfortunately, no change with respect to page headers, footers, and numbering.
We are hoping for higher availability and more stability.

2 Likes

Yes, Mandrill will be replaced soon also.

3 Likes

Hi Guillermo,

This is intended to be a plug compatible replacement for the existing HTML to PDF conversion step list in my original post as step 4. The intention is that your templates will continue to work as before with no changes.

The HTML to PDF conversion process is relatively complex so testing may reveal problems. We are enlisting your help to find those problems early and make the transition smoother for those that follow.

4 Likes

Hey, @Phil, is there anyway for us to tell within the editor or anything if/when its been rolled out to us?

Perfect @Phil Just let me know when I am able to test it and I will do it!

Thanks!

Sounds nice and better choice! No more downtime in service.

In the meantime I noticed recently that mutuale column in google docs is not working. For incetance, we generate report template with two column for the part of the body.
Workflow would work but the output PDF is turned to be single column meaning the outline of template is broken up. Hope new service will be bringing a fix to manage multiple column template as well.

1 Like

This is great!, I would be happy to test, I opened a topic about this last year! I hope this would be feasible now :smile:

I’m happy to test also

160816 & 184800

We hope to get started with testing early next week, right after the Labor Day holiday here in the US.

2 Likes

Please me too
Account ID: 326606

I wish also to try. My Account ID 1415560

I compared PDF creation from Google Doc template using AppSheet and GAS. The GAS produce neater PDF compared to AppSheet. I am hoping to get neater PDF using AppSheet.

1 Like

Im worried about this. Will our existing templates continue to work?

@Jonathan_S is supposed to be a direct replacement for an internal to Appsheet functionality.

3 Likes

awesome news,

Thanks.

What are the strategic goals and benefits of this new way of creating PDFs?

For example, better control at formatting, structuring and styling the PDF document?