Trying to fill multiple fields in Forms with one QR code

I’m new to this whole thing and have no idea how to code/use expressions. I’m trying to make it so if I scan one QR code, it fills up multiple fields in the app form instead of scanning one field at a time.

Solved Solved
0 7 2,656
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

7 REPLIES 7

A QR code simply encodes a text string. A text string can be manipulated. You’ll probably need to use SPLIT() for what you’re wanting here.

Yup, I’ve been looking through the community forums, however, I have no idea how to use expressions/where to input them to link the QR codes to the textbox/fields or how to create the qr codes so that they’ll work with google sheets, etc. Is there a solution to this? Sorry for the trouble…

Hi @Kranji_Node_Store
Check out this thread

Thank you very much! I’m starting to understand how this works now, would I be able to have multiple expressions in one column? Like a Linktoform expression to fill up another tables/views form instead of the same one? Or do I still have no idea what I’m doing? XD

@Kranji_Node_Store
I dont really know what you are trying to do but maybe you could fire an action on form save to copy data to another table?
https://www.appsheet.com/Support?idx=help&p=0&is_v=1&q=actions

Oops, I think I’m making the process overly complicated. Scratch what I said before

Sorry, the solution you provided above fixed the issue I had before. Thank you very much for the help on that, I spent hours reading the post of Split and Index again and again to try and figure out how to go about implementing it.

Currently, I’m trying to make a search function on the app where if I search/scan a unique code(QR code text) on a view (called scanner) it brings me to another view and shows me the row I’m looking for. I’ve tried to reference the row but the app crashes.

Top Labels in this Space