Trying to get a report sent to each trainer for their trainees

I have a table of trainers and a table of trainees, there is a REF between them. I want to send each trainer an email that contains a list of their related trainees and their status. What I get is a bunch of identical emails with a list of every trainerโ€™s trainees, which is miles long. The report workflow is set up to act on the trainers table, โ€œFor each row in tableโ€, with the condition: isnotblank([Related Trainees By Area Tech Trainer]) so that we hopefully wonโ€™t send an email to a trainer with no trainees (there are a few, donโ€™t ask). The action sends an email (currently just to me for testing purposes) based on a template.

Here is the start of my email template for my report:

<<Start:Select(Trainers[Name],true)>>

Trainee Report for:

<<[Name]>>

<<Start:Select([Related Trainees by Area Tech Trainer][RandomID], [Current Status]="Active Approved")>>

What should I change so that each email only contains one trainerโ€™s list? Iโ€™m stumped. Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 3 122
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Participant V

Remove that <<Start>> tag and its corresponding <<End>> tag.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Participant V

Remove that <<Start>> tag and its corresponding <<End>> tag.

Awesome. This makes sense. Out of curiosity, is there a way to eliminate the large white space (blank area) at the top of email reports generated from a template? If I put the template directly in Appsheet, itโ€™s not there, but when I use a template in an external Google Doc, thereโ€™s a large empty spot at the top of the emails. Iโ€™d rather use the external doc because if I make a boo-boo it doesnโ€™t crash the whole app.

I donโ€™t know: itโ€™s not a problem I myself have had to address. My suggestions would be to make sure you page layout setting are correct, and that youโ€™ve selected an appropriate page size (e.g, A4 vs US Letter). If those donโ€™t help, consider engaging support@appsheet.com for further advice.

Top Labels in this Space