Trying to get some users to test an app. I sh...

Trying to get some users to test an app. I shared the app using their email addresses. When they try to install they get a message "AppSheet wants to access your Google Account.

This will allow AppSheet to view your email addresses.

The choice is Allow / Cancel" they users are concerned about privacy and allowing Appsheet access to all their email addresses. Is this necessary to run the app?

0 5 361
5 REPLIES 5

Is the authentication ON in your app?

I set user sign in to ON and authentication to any provider. I now set it to off. It may not matter in this instance because I am using a test database but will it always require users to provide access to their email addresses if I require users to sign in?

Yes

Please check this postโ€ฆ plus.google.com - Asking for fewer permissions during app user signin So far, when app users sโ€ฆ Asking for fewer permissions during app user signin So far, when app users sโ€ฆ plus.google.com

Thanks. Perhaps a rewrite of the request might make it clearer. If AppSheet only needs to know their email. It might be clearer to just say that. โ€œThis will allow AppSheet to view your email addresses.โ€ sounds much broader and users might be concerned that Appsheet wants access to all email addresses on the userโ€™s computer.

Top Labels in this Space