Trying to hide table Ref links in the Android app

JSig

Hello sry if this has been answered, I cant seem to find it. I have an app that uses several ref tables basically as lookups. It is for a dog grooming field app. The groomer selects a item that is a pull down via ref table to complete an activity. When we try to view this record after it is complete there is a link in the far right next to every ref field. It opens up I guess a reverse ref to everywhere that item is used. Example would be an โ€œOrchard Apple Freshโ€ scent which when clicked could connect to hundred of client past records. It displays the arrow for every referenced field.

3X_6_b_6bb2697bebab9a442ec415d91c9817b3a66abf1d.png

How do I hide this reference from a view detail screen like this one so our field staff dont clickit??

0 5 159
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks for the Reply. I have not set up anything in the Behavior tab as yet. Two main tables; Completed Grooms and Dogs (along with several tables just for ref pulldowns as the values change frequently) View is for dogs, we search for the Dog - There info appears from Dog table and ref-completed grooms shows at the bottom of their detail view. We click on a past completed groom and it opens up the detail view. Is this workflow wrong, should I be using behaviors?? New at this to say the least.

I am probably not explaining the best so I will screenshot the second step

Dog Selected:

3X_9_3_93776c7e6e080f9b9f5a9c4cf66d2c3a713f460d.png

What youโ€™re doing currently is fine. AppSheet, trying to be helpful, automatically creates the actions when it sees youโ€™re displaying a Ref column value. For some app creators, this is a worthwhile convenience; for others, itโ€™s unwanted. If unwanted, you can hide the navigation button as Iโ€™d described.

Got it. My mistake was not looking at the system generated section in behaviors, I was thinking I had to โ€œaddโ€ a new activity. I followed your screenshot on the system generated ref column in question and it is exactly what I needed. Thanks

Whoops! Sorry I forgot to mention thatโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space