Trying to populate text field with certain characters using MID()

Currently have a view that has a scanner function where when I scan/enter a uniqueid that takes me to the referenced column/row in another view.

Iโ€™m trying to get it so when I scan the QR codes on the ID cards or enter anything into the text field it gets rid of everything/it extracts the the last 4 characters of the text and populates the scanner text field)

The codes on the ID cards all contain only 9 letter Text. Eg. Y0123456G. I want to be able to just get the last 4 characters eg.456G when anything is entered into the text field.
Because itโ€™s sensitive info, I canโ€™t have the full ID on a column to reference it, hence the headache of going through all this.

Iโ€™ve tried using MID([SCAN], 7, 9) but the text box just doesnโ€™t show up anymore afterโ€ฆ

Solved Solved
0 2 116
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much for the reply! I figured it out eventually, had it right the first time, just had to add another step

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I hope youโ€™re aware that you can hide fields that have sensitive information in them, but also be able to access their contents for linking etc?

Also, you say you want the last 4 characters of the text input, but then you use the MID formula when you could just use RIGHT instead?

So Right([Scan],4)

Thank you very much for the reply! I figured it out eventually, had it right the first time, just had to add another step

Top Labels in this Space