Trying to understand the process of app upgrades

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3
  1. When you point your current app to a new build, after you run the upgrade do you remove the now old version? and or keep it for other reasons and change the deployment.
  2. In my case I copied my live app, made the changes needed and upgraded it, however my workflows and report settings changed, is this something I need to watch out for in the future?

Thanks!

0 2 385
2 REPLIES 2

eddie1

Hi Rod,

1. Thereโ€™s no set rules on how you might go about versioning your app. It would likely depend on the significance of the changes youโ€™re instituting, the number of app users youโ€™re rolling this out to, etc. In general, it would probably be wise to set a stable version for your app that you can default to as youโ€™re rolling out changes.

Setting a stable version

Setting an app version per user

1. Yes, it would be best practice to check your workflows and report settings whenever youโ€™re copying apps and particularly sharing with other users. At the AppSheet team, we actually ran into this (self-induced) issue last week with a number of our sales-related apps. Itโ€™s very easy to forget what workflows or reports point where (also, check any email templates!), so you definitely canโ€™t go wrong checking your settings.

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Thanks Eddie!

Top Labels in this Space