Tying data in tables together

I am trying to build an app for my sons gymnastics team to make it easier for the parents to track scores and progress across seasons. I have been looking at a few other sample apps, but am stuck on a couple of major things.

I have a separate table for each meet, which holds the meet scores. In each Meet Score table is a column for the athlete, each apparatus (with the value being the score) and then an All around score. I then have a finaltable listing all the meets, dates for the meets, location, etc.

What I want to do is have the first screen be a โ€œMeet Selectionโ€ where you choose the Meet. Then, the next screen will show the athletes and their scores for that athlete at that meet.

Where I am stuck is on how to connect the data between two tables (An individual Meet Score table and the general Meet table). I have tried using reference, but just canโ€™t get it working where when you click the Meet name I want it to take you to the score data for that meet. Instead it just gives the more details on that meet such a location.

Are there any tutorials you would recommend that would be very close to this use case?

0 3 355
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @snickny,

If i understand correctly:

1. Create a view from the individual meet score table
  2. Group by: Meet
    2.1) Group by: Athleet
  3. Group aggregate for some options as SUM

UPDATE:
Or you can:

1. Create a view from the Meet
  2. Use the Nested table column to see you gymnasts

One option is to create an action button for your Meet viewโ€ฆ clicking that action, it will show you a filtered list of Athlete records from that Meet. It could be something likeโ€ฆ
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œAthleteResults_Viewโ€,[MEET]=[_THISROW].[MEET])

Ok thanks. These suggestions are helpful. I see where I can go with it. Iโ€™ll keep tinkering with it to see if I can do what I am after.

Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space