UI Design Updates?

Are there any update coming to improve the UI look of the tables? The look right now works but i just wanted to see if there is anything in the pipeline to give us a choice of a more 3d look?

0 5 502
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

TDhers
Participant V

Hi Austin,
I am curious what you might mean by 3d look for tables.
Thierry

TDhers
Participant V

Hi Austin,
@carie (Appsheet UX designer) and I are curious to better understand what youโ€™d be looking for?
Thanks
Thierry

carie
Participant II

Thanks Thierry.

Hi Austin! Thanks so much for your question. We are currently working on a revamp of the entire UI, tables included. I also would love to learn more about what youโ€™re suggesting! Can you provide any examples? Other than 3d charts, Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™ve seen 3d tables before.
Thanks again!

Carie

I think he is looking for (at least an option) to make the table look less flat. Which is the opposite of where Android, iOS, and Windows are going.

So, since you are here Carie, Iโ€™ll make a more specific request. Similar to App Theme and optional font colors. It would be cool/nice to have different โ€œtable stylesโ€ options. One such option could be the banded look (where every other row is shaded slightly darker) similar to what Excel offers. Other option could be whether or not divider lines are drawn between columns and rows. Similarly it would be nice to bring over all formatting options directly to the views themselves as an override to any global settings. Super similar to how we already have global defaults for how certain views behave but you can override it on the specific view.

I guess Iโ€™ll add one more here since I know youโ€™ll see itโ€ฆ

If no one has requested this already, and if any new views you are planning donโ€™t already solve this, I would like the ability on a detail view to have two columns displayed side-by-side if there is enough space horizontally. Example:

List Of Things:        Other List:
* Thing One            * Other One
* Thing Two            * Other Two

Instead of always:

List Of Things:
* Thing One
* Thing Two

Other List:
* Other One
* Other Two

This would be especially useful on tablets since these lists I have are often narrow. And a table does look good because they arenโ€™t (usually) the same length nor are they directly related to each other. Other views already do similar scaling based off of screen size, like the gallery view.

Top Labels in this Space