UI updates causing truncated column headers

With the new UI and text size updates, some column headers are getting truncated that weren’t before in table views. If a column is empty, it seems to get truncated more severely/“sooner” than columns with data. Switching column width helps a little, but not enough to truly fix it. Is there a way to fine tune this or force the app to show the whole column name? It’s cutting off important reference information. Thanks!

0 3 221
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Bahbus

This functionality has nothing to do with UI changes. There are numerous threads on this topic with the best ways to control it.

Column width bug? - Questions - AppSheet Creator Community
Column Width Issue - Questions - AppSheet Creator Community
Search results for ‘column width’ - AppSheet Creator Community

Thanks for the tips, I’ll see if any help. In my case the UI changes have caused the issue to come up in my apps because the text fit before, but as soon as the text size changes occured, now it’s a problem for some strange reason, and I have changed nothing.

Bahbus

Its just noticeable to you now. That’s the only real difference. It’s been an “issue” for a long time. It just always depended on what data you have and are displaying. Likewise, I’m positive that there are probably people who find that it all of a sudden works better by default. One of those links have two of my past solutions. My personal solution is to simply avoid table views if/when possible, but that’s not feasible for everyone’s use cases.

Top Labels in this Space